Postdoctoral Fellow in Single-cell Epigenomics
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC)
Located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center is a 586-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, part of Creighton University School of Medicine, is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. It includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, the Norton Thoracic Institute, a campus of Creighton University’s Medical School and the first Level I Trauma Center in Arizona verified by the American College of Surgeons. U.S. News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph’s among the best hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. Creighton University ranks in the top third of U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 rankings for “Best Colleges”. For more information please visit our website at https://www.dignityhealth.org/arizona/locations/stjosephs and https://angaralab.org
We seek an outstanding postdoctoral applicant with a PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, life sciences, computational biology or closely related field. Applicants are expected to have an excellent track record of research publications related to pre-clinical (mouse models) and epigenetic signaling approaches. We prefer someone with at least one original research first author publication in the relevant field. The ideal candidate is going to work on exciting field such as epigenetic regulatory mechanisms in aging and organ fibrosis underpinned by excellent benefits. S/he will focus on single-cell epigenomics approaches to study master regulators and gene regulatory networks in the development of organ fibrosis. We are an ambitious new group where challenges are there for the taking. As a postdoc, you will be given significant autonomy that complement the overall directions of the laboratory. Salary is commensurate upon experience.
Dr. Angara laboratory is focused on epigenetic mechanisms of aging and fibrosis and we utilize single cell technologies with the goal of developing novel therapeutic strategies for organ fibrosis.
• Doctorate or MD degree in molecular biology or biochemistry or biomedical sciences or life sciences or computational biology is required. Fresh or recent PhD or MD graduates are welcome.
• Experience in kidney or liver or heart diseases and immunology is highly desirable.
• Experience with mice or rodent surgery techniques (i.v., i.p., retro-orbital, subcutaneous; nephrectomy, hepatectomy) is highly desirable.
• Experience working with R and Python programming such as Seurat and CellRanger is preferred but not required.
• Experience in manuscript writing and a peer-reviewed publication record.
• Experience in computational and statistical skills: Microsoft Office, Graphpad Prism, SPSS and data analysis is preferred.
• Will focus on working and analyzing single-cell RNA sequencing, single-cell ATAC sequencing, bisulfite sequencing data and integration of multimodal omics approaches.
• Will focus working with mice including surgery and tissue harvest techniques.
• Basic experimental techniques he/she will perform include, and are not limited to, isolation of patient or mouse derived primary cell cultures, qPCR, methyl specific PCR, bisulfite sequencing, molecular cloning assays, immunohistochemistry and Western blotting.
• In addition to the scientific experiments, postdoctoral applicant should have good communication skills and excellent work ethics and will be responsible for effective scientific writing such as manuscripts and abstract presentations.
• Dependability, project management and strong record keeping.
• Good communication, excellent work ethics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please email cover letter, curriculum vitae, three references and a brief research statement to email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org